1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Ip address

Discussion in 'Networking' started by shane44pete, Jan 14, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shane44pete

shane44pete Thread Starter

I have a Win 95 pc giving me an error when booting that it has a system conflict for ip addresses....with system hardware disabaled. I have tried to release the ip and it did not work. I was able to get the pc logged in by booting the pc with no network connection and then connecting it after I haved logged in with the network password and get to the desktop. There I plug into the connection and it will work properly. Can someone tell me how to correct this where the pc can be logged into and booted normally.

2. NetEngineer

NetEngineer

Are you configured to recieve an IP Address from a DHCP server or have you manually entered your IP information...?

If you've done it manually, then simply change the IP address in your control panel/networking properties.

1)If you're configged to use DHCP for IP addressing then:
    2)Click start, run, type winipcfg (press enter)
    3)Select your network adapter from the drop down list and click on the release button.
    4)Click on the renew button to get a new IP address from the DHCP server.

**if you're on a network using DHCP and someone has assigned a "static mapping" for your p/c on tthe DHCP server, then the admin will have to remove the static mapping for you....then you'll be able to release/renew.

3. Del

Del

Or go to Start > Control Panel > Network > and double click it.
    Find your network adapter and double click the tcp/ip for it and see if it is checked to Obtain an IP address automatically or Specify an IP address, if it is set to specify, change it to Obtain automatically. This should fix it.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/113260

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice