1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

ip address

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by youngstown, Sep 20, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. youngstown

youngstown Thread Starter

hey

i am trying to figure this out.. but i cant.
    some how people can see other peoples ip addresses..
    and i want to learn how to.
    can someone be kind enough to tell me? :)

2. Zxero

Zxero

Their aren't many ways to just see someones IP, usualy people see your IP if you join a forum or go to their site, most of the time people can see your IP addy if you visit a forum (def. if you register and post), or some kind of remote help or other things related to that.

Their are ways, but I'm not about to give you any links, mainly becuase I know if your asking this your looking to steal someone's IP (I would know ;)).

3. youngstown

no i wouldnt, please trust me..
    its because people always see mine and thats annoying.
    and besides this techguy thing would kick me out and hunt me down.

what do u mean steal? i mean whats the point? i got myy own.

4. Bryan

Bryan

First Name:
    Bryan
    Zxero, I know you said you won't but just to be sure, please don't post any links to any Tools to acquire others IP addresses. Thanks ...

5. Squashman

Squashman Trusted Advisor

Sorry, I can't resist, because this is just to darn funny.

[​IMG]

6. Mithrilhall

Mithrilhall

There are plenty of IP scanning programs out there but it's not that easy. If you want to get the IP address of someone you know you would first have to get them to communicate with you...such as sending you an instant message. You could easily see what ip addresses are connected to your computer.

Or you could write a really really small page in ASP, PHP, or some other web programmig language that shows you their IP address. Then you would only have to get them to visit your page.

So...why do you want to see people's ip addresses?

7. TOF

TOF

[​IMG]

What is Mozilla Netscape 5?

I have heard of Mozilla, Firefox, and Netscape, but since when is netscape associated with Mozilla? Other than the open source. :confused:

8. youngstown

i dont want to steal anyones, i just wanted to know how people see mine

9. I Fix 4 U

I Fix 4 U

cool thread. i'm not giving instructions but i use netstat included with windows to find a friends ip while talking on aim. those little signs are great jokes but they will only show the viewers ip, not tell the owner the ip.

10. I Fix 4 U

I Fix 4 U

Way too ez
    [​IMG]

11. brendandonhu

brendandonhu

It can send the owner of the image the IP. For example, I could use this forum to send you a PM that would in turn send me your IP address. I could even post an image here in this thread that would send me the IP of everyone that views it.....but I wouldn't be able to correlate usernames and IPs that way.

12. I Fix 4 U

I Fix 4 U

yah i mean you could see my ip but would u know its mine? in aim you have to do a few techniques to figure out if its your buddy's ip.

this was found on the people's website
    The signature image is generated in real-time for each user that views it. Your IP address and other information are only visible to YOU, not to others, but because people see their own IP address and computer information displayed in the graphic, they think that their information can be seen by everyone!

so how can you use that image to find others ip i dont get it.

13. brendandonhu

brendandonhu

Yes, I could send you a PM that would in return send me your IP and username. With my own image, of course. WIth that particular image, the people over at Danasoft or whatever its called could record your IP.

I don't see what the big fuss about IPs is though. Your IP isn't private. It gets sent along with every website you visit, image you view, IM you send, etc. And to get someone's IP over AIM all you have to do is Direct Connect and netstat.

14. I Fix 4 U

I Fix 4 U

thats what i do, direct connect and netstat. i could care less about my ip gettin out. i run a server. everyone knows my ip. i'm just asking you to demonstrate. how about it? try out your idea on me.

15. brendandonhu

brendandonhu

^^In case anyone is wondering, it worked. I got an email with his username/IP as soon has he opened my PM.

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!