1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

ip camera live view failed

Discussion in 'Networking' started by Nagarajan34, May 9, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Nagarajan34

Nagarajan34 Thread Starter

hi friends, this is my first query, that in my office using HIK Vision nvr, in this, all camera is working, but only one camera not working, means when I click for live video the pop-up message show that "live view failed". pls help me to solve this. here I have attached the screenshot.

Attached Files:

2. KKLC

KKLC

you can try to check the power to that specific camera, re-seat its cable connection as the first step. Worst case, you might need to replace the camera.

3. Nagarajan34

thanks for your reply, i found out the issue that no power in the line to camera.

4. zx10guy

zx10guy Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

In the future, you should be able to find the IP address of a camera in question from the NVR's management screen. Then you can ping the IP to see if it responds. If it does, you can also check the camera for functionality by accessing the web GUI of the camera. Every Hikvision IP camera I've seen has a built in web GUI.

Another situation which was happening to my Hikvision cameras is a weird issue with your PoE switch. Some cameras were powered up but were not responding to any communications. I had to cycle the Ethernet port the camera was connected to for it to come back online. When I did a firmware update on the PoE switch, the problem has since gone away.

5. Nagarajan34

I have an IP address and tried to ping and got a reply as "destination host not rechable"the camera separately connected with an adapter, so its seems not a Poe type. how can i check that, the problem with power or camera?

6. Fireflycph

Fireflycph

First Name:
    Morten
    If you have multiple cameras, as you stated, then you can switch them around and see if the issue follows the camera or the location.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1209931

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice