IP Conflict (webpage and the network) ?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

dangerous case

Hi,
Have a problem from time to time with one specific website that I visit. Think it may be conflicting with some IP on the network. Problem can come and go. the website message i get is "this account has been suspended contact billiing" but the site is only down from my location at work and its not blocked by an admin. Any idea about this... Have turned the router/modem on and off but not fixed yet. This problem will happen from time to time and is bothersome because the e-mail on that site is also stuck there until i log in from another location. Enter NetWork password keeps comming up
Thanks,
Dangerous case (dangerous because I know enought to get myself into trouble!)

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
Please supply the following info.

The name of your ISP and country of residence.
Make/model of the broadband modem.
Make/model of the router (if any).
Connection type, wired, wireless.
Make/model of network card or wireless adapter.
Make/model of your computer (motherboard if home-built).
Version and patch level of Windows, i.e. XP-Home SP2.

Let's also see this:

Start, Run, CMD to open a command prompt:

Type the following command:

IPCONFIG /ALL

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter.
Paste the results in a message here.

If you are on a machine with no network connection, use a floppy, USB disk, or a CD-RW disk to transfer a text file with the information to allow pasting it here.

dangerous case

It seems to be fine this morning?!? after a reset of the company server? Something to with the server that manages the IP addresses rather than the router... Still not quite sure but afraid I will bring down the network at the office in I too many things... and it;s up for now!?!
thanks for your help anyway.

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
I suspect this was an ISP issue with routing, nothing to do with your network.

You can mark your own threads solved using the thread tools at the upper right of the screen.© :)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online