IP conflict

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

sara39

I am connected to a local network using cable modem, hub and router, trying to connect 2 pc's. The main pc where the cable comes in is working fine. I am able to access the internet however but no Instant Messangers will work nor my Outlook Express. I've called my ISP but they're only allowed to give tech support on the Modem they provided. How can I get it so my PC is working properly again through the hub/router??

what kind of operating system are you using on both of them?

you need to set up ICS (internet sharing system)
main computer have to get two nic card installed.

sara39

Both systems are Win98

Both pc's are on the internet and hubbys email works just fine.......but I think I may just have my Instant messangers configured wrong.....

Del

Are you getting an error message when you turn on the second computer saying you have an IP conflict?
Del

sara39

Hiya,

Yes I was getting that error........I ended up replacing the drivers for my network card, and it did the trick!! So far everything is running smoothly again......

Del

Yes, I have 3 on a hub and put a static IP address on the 3 NIC's. If I put the same IP on 2 of the machines, when the 2nd one boots up, I get the error. If you put static IP's, they have to be different.
Del

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts