IP location different PC and phone but same wifi

Manolarkus

Hello All,
I hope someone out there can help me.
Yesterday my Laptop was running fine, I hop on this morning and found my internet speed was rather slow (500Kbps) but all other devices were fine (80-90Mbps), VPN's were not running.
I did a internet speed test and it said my location and server was in The US.( I am based in Laos, South east Asia.)
So I did a IP data base search on my laptop, phone and other devices, but my laptop is showing a different location and provider, but all are sharing the same wifi.
Google location settings are fine, and location search on my laptop shows Laos, but some how still shows my IP is in San Jose??

I've attached some photos if this helps.

Cheers!!

Attachments

Couriant

James
To confirm, go to whatismyipaddress.com and make sure the IPv4 address matches on your devices. For cellphones, turn off data to ensure you are using the WiFi.

You're both seen as having the same IP address externally.
Your router will relay requests to the originating computer. The procedure used for this is network address translation (NAT).
One of the ways computers on the same network get distinguished in communication with the same public server is by assigning them by the router different port numbers in the communication. Their public IP address is the same, but the port number part is not.

You're both seen as having the same IP address externally.
Your router will relay mylowes requests to the originating computer. The procedure used for this is network address translation (NAT).
One of the ways computers on the same mykohlscharge network get distinguished in communication with the same public server is by assigning them by the router different port numbers in the communication. Their public IP address is the same, but the port number part is not.
Hope this had helped you.

I see you are using iCloud Private Relay. Go into settings and see if you can set your location there.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online