ip not valid???

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

souleater

i tried to use an old registry back up in my pc, and everything worked fine, until i restated the computer and i couldn't connect to the internet using firefox, and i tried to conect to messenger, but it said i dont have a valid ip, what should i do??? the internte works fine, because in posting this from my laptop.

Macboatmaster

Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
The reason is that you have installed registry keys which were valid before Firefox and messenger.
Uninstall Firefox and reinstall.
If messenger is Windows Messenger do the same.

souleater

i can't connect to the internet with any browser (IE 8, Firefox, Google Chrome)
ps: when i said old, i meant its like 6-8 months old

Hi souleater,

Even if your registry was only 6-8 months old, that's a long time to restore a backup registry and there has more than likely been many changes to your registry between now and 6 months ago.

I would suggest downloading the most up-to-date drivers for your computer's network adapter on to your laptop. Then, using a USB drive or CD, copy the drivers from your laptop to your desktop and install them on your desktop. Shutdown and unplug the computer for 30-45 seconds (to clear any residual memory) and try to access the internet again.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online