Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

IP Numbers Emails

787 views 5 replies 2 participants last post by  cwwozniak 
#1 ·
Can an IP number (NTL) be the same for two different senders of emails.

#2 ·
Are you referring to Internet service provider, NTL?

If so and you are looking at the IP address of the originating NTL mail server, then the same IP address would appear for all mail being sent through the server for all customers of the service. The address would stay the same from day to day.

If you are referring to a different IP address, please let us know exactly which one you are referring to. You can post the e-mail headers and "xxxxx" out any actual names at the beginning of any e-mail addresses that appear.

#3 ·
I've received an email from someone who has ntl as their email provider. The IP number is the same as someone who a couple of years ago sent an email under the same ntl provider and i just wanted to know if this was normal and the 2 people are unrelated or do the 2 emails originate from the same source, but now a different name. Hope this makes sense.

#5 ·
The same IP number is in the 'properties' of the two different originated emails, who both use ntl.
I wanted to know whether ANY emails received via ntl would have the same IP, as I always thought IP numbers were like phone numbers and no 2 were the same.
I don't wish to post the IP number here, so think I'll call it a day. Thanks for your input.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.