1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

iPad connectivity

Discussion in 'Apple Mac' started by airforce16764, Nov 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. airforce16764

airforce16764 Thread Starter

Hi - back after an absence of a couple of years....

Recently bought an iPad Wi-Fi, 64 Gigs which worked fine when I used it at sons (L.A.).

home and at hotel while there. It simply latched onto a network and provided service.

I came home to Canada, and tried to connect using my own network system but the iPad will not let me log in or connect. I have a Power PC which will not accept Synching because the version is OS X 10.4 and you need 10.5 or higher to do that but I should still be able to access mail, iPhoto, Safari etc.....

Can some one please help ? Thanks.

Airforce

2. Headrush

Headrush

3. airforce16764

airforce16764 Thread Starter

Thank you for the help people.

I contacted both Apple Support and my own provider and between them they decided that the problem was with the encryption system - - they bumped me up in the service and that solved the problem. Both iPad and G5 are now working fine.

Again thanks.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!