1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved iPad issues

Discussion in 'Apple Mobile Devices' started by SarahMG, Nov 8, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. SarahMG

SarahMG Thread Starter

My iPad is quite old Model MC769NF/A. Since around April this year some apps won't work when it's connected to wifi which means that I can't download new versions etc. The apps will open but disappear after a few seconds. I enjoy doing jigsaws on Magic Puzzles. I can complete those I already have, as many times as I like, but without connection to wifi I can't buy any more or claim rewards for the puzzles I've completed.
    I can received emails on my btinternet.com account but can't send any. I've sought advice from many people but to no avail. Is this an example of built in obsolescence?

2. Drabdr

Drabdr Moderator

First Name:
    Brad
    Hello SarahMG! Welcome to the Forum.

Have you update the OS lately? I do know many applications will be problematic/ not work if you don't have the current updates.

Please let me know if you aren't sure how to check about the most current updates.

3. SarahMG

SarahMG Thread Starter

Thank you for your reply. Yes, I updated the software regularly and, if anything, I think it made the problem worse in that more apps didn't work after each update. I've decided that my ipad is too old and so I've bought an 'almost new' refurbished ipad which dates from 2016.

I was so excited when it arrived but I have a much worse problem with this one. I was trying to set it up and needed to type the password to our hub in but that proved impossible. The keyboard is so sensitive that she slightest vibration (breathing, walking nearby) makes it type random characters. If I try to type it inserts lots of ...,,,xxzz\\ which are the keys my hand passes over while my fingers are on the keys. I'm sure that there is a way to reduce the sensitivity of the keyboard but until I set it up I can't do anything! Any suggestions?

4. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    Return it if you have a warranty.

5. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    If you can do anything with it maybe "Use touch accommodations"? See the iOS 12 manual. That's the only thing I found that may be a setting issue instead of a defect.

6. SarahMG

SarahMG Thread Starter

I took your advice and sent it back! I bought a brand new ipad but now I've fallen foul of a problem my husband and I have had for a while with Apple. It simply doesn't recognise passwords that we set up. We are sure that we enter them correctly. So we try 'forgot password' to set up a new one but we can't do that either. We would really like to have a password each so our Apple devices are kept separate. But if it won't accept one password, would it accept two?

7. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    I've not yet had or used an iPad, but I assume that the iOS is not much different from iOS on iPhones. There are others here who may be better able to help with this.

What password are you talking about? The one for your Apple ID, that is used for iCloud, iTunes, App Store, etc. Or the one to open (unlock) the iPad? Or another one?

Drabdr likes this.
  8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1218878

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice