1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

ipad picture to computer

Discussion in 'Apple Mobile Devices' started by ICouldUseSomeHelp, Nov 27, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. ICouldUseSomeHelp

ICouldUseSomeHelp Thread Starter

so i livestream sports stuff off an ipad from wirecast onto youtube. some kids have been asking me to get a scoreboard onto the stream and im like ok how and they said obs. i know how to use obs but we dont use it to livestream, but we could. how would we get the picture from the ipad (as in the game) onto the laptop? i have looked it up and found an answer but it didnt work. i want to hear it from someone who can specifically be talking to me, and thats why i came here.
    thank you for your time

2. lochlomonder

lochlomonder

3. Drabdr

Drabdr Moderator

First Name:
    Brad
    Question... why go from your Ipad to computer? Why not do what you need to from the computer?

4. ICouldUseSomeHelp

because the camera we use to livestream is the ipad. it just is, and its not really my call to get another new camera that would solve the problem. i have to work with what i have now and its annoying but it is what it is
    regarding that product, i do not want to purchase something that isnt really that important. i would like to be able to solve this problem without spending any money

5. Drabdr

Drabdr Moderator

First Name:
    Brad
    Ok. What about storing the livestream on your iPad, Then downloading to YouTube?

6. ICouldUseSomeHelp

iff i understand correctly, you are saying that we record the game and then upload it onto youtube. not trying to be mean but that defeats the whole purpose of us livestreaming in the first place. we livestream so people can watch the games live; not later
    if i misinterpreted what you said, can you try explaining again? im not the brightest :(

7. Drabdr

Drabdr Moderator

First Name:
    Brad
    You’re just fine!! This is a site for helping people.

It’s just me... I’m having difficulty understanding your situation. So please be patient with me.

So you’re recording a live video on your iPad. Correct?

If correct, are you saving that video to the IPad? Or, are you wanting to somehow stream real-time what is being viewed on the iPad camera straight to the computer?

Are you wanting this video to be displayed real time on the computer, or just stored there?

Just trying to understand. :)

8. ICouldUseSomeHelp

ok so:
    correct, we are recording a live video from the ipad onto youtube. we are not saving the video on the ipad, it is only saved on youtube. we want to somehow stream real-time what is being viewed on the ipad, which in this case is a sporting event, but i would like to somehow make it a 'scene' on either obs or wirecast, it does not matter which. the video is to be displayed real time on youtube

9. texasbullet

texasbullet

First Name:
    Ramon
    Maybe you will be needing a multiple HDMI connector into your main computer to connect you ipad or other devices into it.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2018
    Drabdr likes this.
  10. lochlomonder

lochlomonder

The Mirroring360 app I mentioned in my previous post costs $12. Are you saying you'd rather spend your time scratching around and not getting anywhere, rather than spend $12? That doesn't make sense to me.

Drabdr likes this.
  11. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    It's way past time for you to explain what's being attempted here. Who owns the rights to the sporting event? Do you have written permission from that owner to stream it live, or even later, to YouTube or anywhere else?

Drabdr likes this.
  12. ICouldUseSomeHelp

13. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    You have not yet responded to post #11. As long as those questions are unanswered almost no one is going to be reckless and continue with advice.

14. ICouldUseSomeHelp

sorry
    i am the one who is in charge and i have permission to do pretty much anything and yes i am the owner

15. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    Sorry, I am even more confused now. I'll defer to Brad, who probably understands this better than I do.

In post #4 you included the phrase "its not really my call" but now you are "in charge" and "the owner." Sounds a bit contradictory to me.

What are these sporting events?

Drabdr likes this.
  16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1219715

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice