1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

iPad4 Sync Problem

Discussion in 'Apple Mac' started by BrianHughes, Dec 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BrianHughes

BrianHughes Thread Starter

I have received NEW IPAD4, however when I try and sync it with my OSX 10.5.8 PPC, I get a message saying I must have iTunes 10.7 or later to be able to sync the iPad.

Unfortunately, my PPC is not compatible with the latest iTunes 10.7

Can you offer me any suggestions other than purchasing a new mac please?

Thank you

Brian Hughes

2. Headrush

Headrush

Apple iPad requirements page states a minimum of 10.6.8 is required, so not much you can do.

If it was an old Intel Mac, even that has options, but with PPC, not as many options.

What exactly do you need to sync?
    Things like Mail, contacts etc you can setup a gmail account as a work around and use it's syncing service.
    For audio/video media there are likely other options but I'm not unfamiliar with them.

3. BrianHughes

BrianHughes Thread Starter

Thanks Headrush, it seems I am scuppered as I wanted to transfer my iTunes library onto new iPad. Looking more like a purchase of new mac!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1082413

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice