1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

ipconfig flashes off

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by everettxx, Apr 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. everettxx

everettxx Thread Starter

I am running windows xp. When i run ipconfig it flashes off the screen before I get a chance to read it.
    I clicked run - then typed cmd and got to the dos screen - then I typed ipconfig and the screen flashes off so fast I do not get a chance to read it - how do I get the dos screen to stay on?? Remember I first went to run then typed cmd then at the dos screen I typed ipconfig.

I researching this problem all I get is that I should click run then type cmd then type ipconfig - I did all that but screen still flashes off.

2. Jack Hackett

Jack Hackett

are you typing ipconfig into the cmd window at the > prompt?

the only way I can replicate what you describe is when typing ipconfig in the run box.

copy and paste this into your Run box
    cmd /k ipconfig /all

3. everettxx

everettxx Thread Starter

To Jack HAckett, Thanks Jack, I fixed my problem-(dos screen flashed off) - I went to windows-properties-advanced -environment variables-path- and changed path to windows system 32- now my dos screen stay on-
    Thanks, everettxx

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/919105