1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Ipconfig

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by ishu, Sep 16, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. ishu

ishu Thread Starter

hello

when i type ipconfig in windows 2000 proffessional command prompt i get the error saying "ipconfig" is not recognized as an internal and external command operable program or batch file.

why is it so it was working fine b4 now i am unable to use the command pls do help me sort out the problem

2. Elvandil

Elvandil

Search your drive to be sure the file still exists there. Where is it? Any changes to environment variables?

3. ishu

ishu Thread Starter

The file is there in WINNT\SYSTEM32 , Well if i use c:\winnt\system32\ipconfig it is working fine i can see my ipaddress. y not in c:\ipconfig ?

4. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

From a command prompt, type:

PATH

At a minimum, you should see these directories in the path.

PATH=C:\WINNT\system32;C:\WINNT;C:\WINNT\System32\Wbem

If you don't see them, the environment variables have been changed.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/274561

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice