Ipconfig

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

ishu

hello

when i type ipconfig in windows 2000 proffessional command prompt i get the error saying "ipconfig" is not recognized as an internal and external command operable program or batch file.

why is it so it was working fine b4 now i am unable to use the command pls do help me sort out the problem

Search your drive to be sure the file still exists there. Where is it? Any changes to environment variables?

ishu

Elvandil said:
Search your drive to be sure the file still exists there. Where is it? Any changes to environment variables?

The file is there in WINNT\SYSTEM32 , Well if i use c:\winnt\system32\ipconfig it is working fine i can see my ipaddress. y not in c:\ipconfig ?

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
From a command prompt, type:

PATH

At a minimum, you should see these directories in the path.

PATH=C:\WINNT\system32;C:\WINNT;C:\WINNT\System32\Wbem

If you don't see them, the environment variables have been changed.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.