IPhone 12 pro max battery check

davidlan

Hi All,

I am working in IT Support.
My Organisation (No. 1) is taking over another Organisation (No. 2)and the employees from 2 have very old phones, that should be changed, but 1 does not want to replace any equipment at the moment unless it's is really broken, because of budget issue, of course.

So, i received an empty Iphone 12 pro max (1st generation), with no set up, no sim card, to check the battery.
I am not able to go inside the phone, further than setting the language.

I have full charged it, and I want to let the battery drain itself. Do you know in how many days should the battery last in these conditions, in order to be considered useable for work , mainly calls, outlook?
The user has sent me before a screenshot from his iPhone battery status, and it was showing chargeable to 86% . That's why I am assuming, that battery is actually still functional.

Any answer for me would be helpful, thanks.

Couriant

James
iPhone 12 phones were released late last year. So if there is a problem it should still be under warranty. You can check it by going to Check Your Service and Support Coverage - Apple Support and put the serial in. That should also be on the back of the device. may need a magnifying glass.

As for the usage, unless somehow someone ran that phone into the ground in a period of a year, the battery should hold up for 1 day of normal work related use. Doing the discharge as you mentioned should discharge within 1 to 2 days.

My iPhone 12 Pro Max still shows 99% Health and it's been almost a year.

davidlan

iPhone 12 phones were released late last year. So if there is a problem it should still be under warranty. You can check it by going to Check Your Service and Support Coverage - Apple Support and put the serial in. That should also be on the back of the device. may need a magnifying glass.

As for the usage, unless somehow someone ran that phone into the ground in a period of a year, the battery should hold up for 1 day of normal work related use. Doing the discharge as you mentioned should discharge within 1 to 2 days.

My iPhone 12 Pro Max still shows 99% Health and it's been almost a year.
Thank you sir

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online