Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

IPhone 12 pro max battery check

782 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  davidlan 
#1 ·
Hi All,

I am working in IT Support.
My Organisation (No. 1) is taking over another Organisation (No. 2)and the employees from 2 have very old phones, that should be changed, but 1 does not want to replace any equipment at the moment unless it's is really broken, because of budget issue, of course.

So, i received an empty Iphone 12 pro max (1st generation), with no set up, no sim card, to check the battery.
I am not able to go inside the phone, further than setting the language.

I have full charged it, and I want to let the battery drain itself. Do you know in how many days should the battery last in these conditions, in order to be considered useable for work , mainly calls, outlook?
The user has sent me before a screenshot from his iPhone battery status, and it was showing chargeable to 86% . That's why I am assuming, that battery is actually still functional.

Any answer for me would be helpful, thanks.

#2 ·
iPhone 12 phones were released late last year. So if there is a problem it should still be under warranty. You can check it by going to Check Your Service and Support Coverage - Apple Support and put the serial in. That should also be on the back of the device. may need a magnifying glass.

As for the usage, unless somehow someone ran that phone into the ground in a period of a year, the battery should hold up for 1 day of normal work related use. Doing the discharge as you mentioned should discharge within 1 to 2 days.

My iPhone 12 Pro Max still shows 99% Health and it's been almost a year.

#3 ·
iPhone 12 phones were released late last year. So if there is a problem it should still be under warranty. You can check it by going to Check Your Service and Support Coverage - Apple Support and put the serial in. That should also be on the back of the device. may need a magnifying glass.

As for the usage, unless somehow someone ran that phone into the ground in a period of a year, the battery should hold up for 1 day of normal work related use. Doing the discharge as you mentioned should discharge within 1 to 2 days.

My iPhone 12 Pro Max still shows 99% Health and it's been almost a year.
Thank you sir

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.