1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

iPhone 3G New

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Sammeh_Boy, Aug 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sammeh_Boy

Sammeh_Boy Thread Starter

I got an iPhone 3G today from 3, on a plan and stuff, so I can't break it. But I came home, and realised the iPhone was far more disappointing than originally expected, Bluetooth doesnt share data, only access to audio devices such as headsets and speakers, and itunes won't recognise it at all.. When connected, it charges, and appears in my computer, but itunes displays an error saying something about reconnect, iphone not recognised. This is very frustrating, as after around 4 hours of google searching, apple support ticket reading and other various attempts, I'm unable to fix this issue. I don't wanna go to bed my first night of having this new phone that's supposed to magically double as an ipod, and it doesnt even have a song on it to use as a ring tone other than the depressing default ones..

any suggestions?

i've found some people say to disconnect the wireless network, i unplugged the network cable connected to our home wireless gateway, no luck, disabled it, no luck, but maybe i'm doing it wrong.. any ideas are much appreciated :(

-Sam

p.s- can I use my home WiFi network to access the internet without incurring data fees?

edit: called three mobile, lady said something about some internet pack needing to be activated, and that sounded like more money so i told her not to worry.. she didnt speak english very well, and this has nothing to do with the internet.. so i dunno what to do :(

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/855950

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice