1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

iPhone 3G

Discussion in 'Archive: Phones & Handheld Devices' started by smith001, May 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. smith001

smith001 Thread Starter

Hi,

This Jessica from Canada. As I have seen your comments as I'm getting the iPhone 3G, and I'd like your opinion on whether I should get the 8GB or 16GB. Here are the details: I update my iTunes frequently so at most I'll have 200 or 300 songs. I would maybe have 5 movies or videos on and maybe 20-50 applications(mostly free-haha). Not a lot of pictures, maybe 50-100. Obviously the white 16GB is pulling me in but with the ****ty economy I don't want to buy the 16GB unless I know I'm going to need the extra room, and I don't know if I do or not. Also there's probably going to be another iPhone in 2 or 3 years so why would I just throw away that $100?
    _________________________________________________________________________________________________________

best extender battery iphone

2. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
    Welcome t the forums
    i have moved your post to a thread of its own - so we can keep answers relevant to the question, otherwise it becomes confusing
    Itunes should tell you how much space its using fo rmusic and videos etc - so that should give you an idea of how much storage you need
    I had a 2GB Nana for music and podcasts - and i just selected what I wanted on itunes and loaded. it was never a major problem, I then got the 32GB touch and use about 8GB of it, JUST for Music, I use the Nano now just for podcasts

3. burntreality

burntreality

I have the 16 gb Iphone 3G right now. I have 929 songs on it, quite a few apps, and 1 movie. I still have 8.3GB Free on mine. Unless you plan on really filling it up an 8GB will do for most people.

Now on to an opinion. The new Iphone is set to release in June of this year. If you can wait it is going to have some pretty big upgrades from the Iphone 3GS.

4. chinchye

chinchye

Hi everybody,
    I love the Iphone because the response of the touch screen is very good. The touch screen of Iphone is very different from most other handphone's touchscreen. What is the name of this Iphone touchscreen.

For sms, is there a way I can change the qwerty keyboard to numbering pad as in "abc1, def2, ghi3"... etc

Thanks

5. pat7047

pat7047

smith001 - From what it sounds like, you will only need the 8 GB iPhone. If you put 300 songs, 5 movies, 20 - 30 apps, and 100 pictures... the 8GB version will have more than enough room. You'll probably have free space even after putting all that on it.

And, there's going to be a new iPhone announced June 7.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/921393

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice