1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

iPhone 3GS Backup

Discussion in 'Archive: Phones & Handheld Devices' started by robes3393, Nov 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. robes3393

robes3393 Thread Starter

I have an iPhone 3GS running iOS 4.0 software. My iPhone was synced with my old computer's iTunes library which i do not have anymore. When i plug my iPhone into my new computer iTunes says "iTunes cannot read the contents of the iPhone "Rob's iPhone". Go to the Summary tab in iPhone preferences and click Restore to restore this iPhone to factory settings." I have transfered all of my contacts and music from my old computer to my new computer. I do not want to restore my iPhone to factory settings because i do not want to lose all of my SMS messages and some other things that are currently saved on my phone and nowhere else. Is there anyway I can create a backup of the phone as it is so that i can restore it from that backup after restoring it to factory settings?

Any help is appreciated

Thanks,
    Robes

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/961508

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice