1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

iPhone 3Gs Sound only working out of right Earbud on ALL Earphones!

Discussion in 'Archive: Phones & Handheld Devices' started by MirandaLBoyd, Nov 30, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MirandaLBoyd

MirandaLBoyd Thread Starter

Everything worked just fine and then suddenly my right skullcandy earbud stopped working, but it slowly cut out (as I've experienced before from overuse - I commute and use them a LOT!!!). So I bought a new pair and first thing out of the box the right earbud didn't work so I tried one more new pair and AGAIN the same problem! What's the problem?!?!

2. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

Are you pushing the headphones all the way into the jack? Is it going in all the way? Is there something stuck in the hole? If none of that works, you'll probably have to get it repaired.

3. babygyalsw2

babygyalsw2

This is a common fault with iPhone and has happened to me twice. It is an internal fault within the jack and unless you can have the jack replaced, there's not much you can do. If you're in warranty, Apple will actually replace the phone free of charge, no quibbles. No amount of headphones will make it right.

So what causes it? Adding too much force when inserting the headphones into the phone is a certainty. Apple's sort of ''official line'' is that if you keep the phone in your pocket with the headphones in, the bending of the wires and pressure on the jack can break it. Sorry I'm not being too technical, I am telling you exactly what they tell others.

As I said, if you're in warranty you can get an exchange. If not, take it to your local Apple store and they'll give you a quote on how much they'll repair it for. It isn't usually very costly.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1029083

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice