1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

iPhone 4

Discussion in 'Archive: Phones & Handheld Devices' started by MichaelAdams1993, Feb 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. MichaelAdams1993

MichaelAdams1993 Thread Starter

I simply want to know if its worth it to get the iPhone for on Verizon. I've heard that the phone is great but that with verizon it has some problems. Can anyone confirm or deny this? I want to know if I should upgrade to the iPhone or not.

2. kaktex

kaktex

The only people I know who still have calls drop use the iPhone, regardless of service provider.

Wait a few weeks and see how many problems show up.
    Jumping onto new things often means you end up paying for it.

3. ptf

ptf

If you are set on getting the iPhone, there are ups and downs to AT&T and Verizon. I'll explain below.

AT&T:
    -More complaints about dropped calls
    -Smaller 3G coverage area
    -Inability to use iPhone as WiFi Hotspot
    -AntennaGate
    -No Unlimited Data Plan

Verizon:
    -Slower Download Speeds
    -Inability to talk and use the web at the same time
    -Untested with the data strain iPhone users will put on a network
    -Higher Prices

So, as you can see, both networks have downsides. However, if your mind isn't set in stone about iPhone, I suggest you at least look at some of the Droids. I love my Droid X, and wouldn't hesitate to say it is in the same catagory as the iPhone as one of the best cellphones. You may even want to wait to see if 4G is right for you.

PTF

4. Gouthaman

Gouthaman

If you are really interested in buying a phone right now, I'd suggest you look into an HTC Android Smartphone. Don't rush into buying an iPhone since there should be a newer model coming out in summer.

5. ptf

ptf

At this point in time, you could wait and see new phones for a lot of brands because the EOL on a lot of the Verizon Android Brands are at the end of March.

I still think the Droid X is better, but its your phone; don't let us make your decision, make it based on what phone you like the best.

PTF

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/980442

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice