1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved iPhone 7- email goes to "Email" & "Gmail"

Discussion in 'Apple Mobile Devices' started by letchworth, Aug 29, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. letchworth

letchworth Thread Starter

First iPhone [actually first smart phone--- slow adopter here]. In my enthusiasm I set up "Email" with my Gmail address and everything went well. Then Gmail let me know there was a "better" option, the Gmail app. Sounded good so clicked to download and install.

It recognized the presence of my Gmail address and everything seemed to go great-- works fine. HOWEVER, I went back to "Email" app and tried to disassociate my Gmail account from it & was told, "Servers will not remove that account [or words to that effect].

Problem is that I now get Gmail in both the original "Email" app and the new "Gmail" app.

Is there a way to remove correct my error/enthusiasm?

ONE OTHER WRINKLE: I have a second Gmail account-- can it also be added to the "Gmail" app? It is a secondary account, but would be nice to check those emails on the iPhone 7 as well.

Thank you for taking the time to read and consider my question--- any help would be appreciated.

letchworth

2. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    I don't know anything about the "disassociate" function. I would just: Settings - Accounts & Passwords - Gmail - and turn Mail off (or Delete Account) to not receive mail in the Mail App.. This is with iOS 11.4.

3. letchworth

Thank you- that solves the "mail in two places" confusion.
    I was afraid that doing that would also eliminate Gmail from the Gmail app---- but everything is where it should be [for now]
    Thank you
    letchworth

4. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    You're welcome. :)

You can mark this thread solved using the "Mark Solved" above the first post on this page.

5. letchworth

Thanks for that as well

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1215114

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice