1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

IPhone 7s is not responding to touch screen

Discussion in 'Apple Mobile Devices' started by Laylay03, Sep 12, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Laylay03

Laylay03 Thread Starter

I think it is an "s" but I know for sure it's at least an IPhone 7. It had dropped and cracked a while ago and it worked okay. sometimes the touch screen would get weird especially if it got wet, but other than that it was fine. I dropped it today and it landed on its back. it did not crack, but a majority of the screen has been unresponsive . The first time it dropped and cracked the home button cracked as well and would not work, so I have been using a home button on the screen that you can move around. Today when I dropped it, the home button was on the right side of my screen and I could not move it and it would not respond to anything. I also tried to power it off but the button would not slide, so I held the power button and volume down button to restart it. once I did that I could press and move the home button since it moved to the bottom, but every time I click on it to get into my phone a notification saying "unable to activate touch ID on this Phone" pops up and I can not click "OK" to get rid of it because the middle of my screen is also unresponsive. I do not want to pay to get my screen fixed because if I do that I feel like I might as well just buy a new phone, but I have all of my pictures and stuff on there, but I can't get to them. I do have an Apple ID but most of the pictures are not there because it's full, so I need to actually get them and airdrop them to another device, but like I said I can't get to them. Is there a way to fix this myself or maybe remote control my IPhone from another device? Also I do not have a SIM card, this phone is not like technically active, but I still use it because all I need to use it for I can do with WIFI, so I do not know if this will affect any solutions. Also once I do get all my important stuff off of it, how would you restart/delete everything off of it, so I just don't have to worry about it anymore? without using the touch screen of course, because I doubt it's going to work again.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1232871

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice