1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

iphone Back Up Password

Discussion in 'Apple Mobile Devices' started by jampot, Jul 30, 2019.

Advertisement
  1. jampot

jampot Thread Starter

I arranged a replacement iphone for my son (luckily he had the foresight to take out insurance) and made a back up on my PC.

When he received the new phone I connected it and received the following screen shot when trying to restore.

I don't remember setting a password when I made the back up.

I have had to set the device up as a new phone as I don’t know the password it is asking for.
    Is there anyway to reset password?

iTunes is showing that there is a back up with the date it was backed up.

As far as I know I did not check the ‘encrypted’ box.

Any help would be appreciated.

Btw apologies for the state of keyboard!

Attached Files:

2. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    I don't know; but wonder if it could be asking for the password of the Apple ID (=iCloud ID = iTunes ID) of the phone that was backed up.

3. texasbullet

texasbullet

First Name:
    Ramon
    If I am not mistaken I think that you need to put the same email address and password to your new iphone as the old iphone you had before in order to get your backups.

4. jampot

jampot Thread Starter

Thanks for reply.
    Would I input the two pieces of information in the one box?
    This is such a pain as I have thousands of photos and I really don't want to have lost them all.

5. texasbullet

texasbullet

First Name:
    Ramon
    I think all his pictures are stored with itunes automatically, so the new phone should also have the same email as the previous one. Then connect your new iphone to your computer and open itunes and follow on screen instructions.

6. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
    If the password of the account that phone was on does not work, try the PIN that would be used to unlock the old phone

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1230778

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice