1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Iphone Charger Case - What Cable?

Discussion in 'Apple iPods, iPads, and iPhones' started by DenzilVoorhees, Aug 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. DenzilVoorhees

DenzilVoorhees Thread Starter

I have recently lost the cable for my iPhone charger case, what is the name of the cable that i need to buy as it is a strange (to me) size:

[​IMG]

Thanks for your help.

2. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

The make and model of the case would be helpful. But it's probably proprietary.

3. cwwozniak

cwwozniak Chuck Trusted Advisor

Can't judge the actual size too well, but it kinda looks like it might use a Micro USB-B connector. Does the charging cable plug into a USB port on a computer to charge and also exchange data with the iPhone?

I agree with DoubleHelix about letting us know the brand and model number.

Attached Files:

4. DenzilVoorhees

Hi,

It doesn't have a brand on it. It was bought from mytouchscreen.co.uk

5. DenzilVoorhees

[​IMG]

Here is a better pic.

6. cwwozniak

cwwozniak Chuck Trusted Advisor

If your case and cable look like the ones in the attached picture, there is a very good chance you can use a micro USB cable. There is a small possibility that the original cable and cradle used a similar micro-USB like connector, but with a totally different pinout.

If you want to take a chance on the case using a normally wired Micro USB connector, you should be able to toke your case to a store that sells cell phone and digital camera accessories. The would most likely have a suitable USB cable you could test with your case.

Attached Files:

7. DenzilVoorhees

Yeah, it looks exactly the same (apart from the colour) to the case in your picture.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1066903