iPhone? EWWW

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
I'm afraid you post makes no sense. Perhaps if you included some reason why you think there is a problem with the product? Also, I think this is more a topic for reviews, so I'll move it there.

FrankSinatra

1. There are tons of phones that do everything the iphone does

2. Why is this going to review? It just came out today

I know of no phone that successfully integrates an 8GB Ipod & Video player, with a wireless & conventional mobile/cell phone which has an incredible browser and a good, solid, expandable OS, and it will cost less than $500. I also think it looks beautiful, and will be sourcing one when they eventually hit the UK shores in Q4!

It looks like a pretty slick product to me. If it works like its suppose to without all the tiny buttons of it's competitors, and continues the ipod tradition of a simple, totally functional interface, It should be quite successful. Why shouldn't Apple take a share of the high end cell phone market if it has a better product? Unless you have some specific problem with it you didn't mention?

I think his major problem is it doesn't have a Windows logo on it, and he didn't get to "Beta test it".

Yea I agree looks good and pretty user friendy interface(y)
I think the poster is too in love with windows ;)

FrankSinatra

Sorry to sound like a "windows freak" [those quotes were a edit after the orginal post ;)]

I don't like the fact that you can't test anything for apple. Not to be mr. negitive here, but major apple fans are minority Macintosh users who are too upset that Gates won the “software war” and are too ignorant to spend $800 at Best buy or Microcenter on a PC that is more powerful than any Macintosh that has been built. Its like Presidency...Bill rules the computer world, and there mad about it. Just like how he got sued for a monolpely a.k.a. being too successful.

Back to the main topic; if Apples thing is originality, they are kind of missing it on this one. The iphone looks just like LG's chocolate, and some knock off MP3 players.

When Apple hit it big with the ipod, it is because there was nothing like it. Say all you want there are lots of phones let alone pocket PCs that do exactally what Apples new revolution does.

FrankSinatra said:
Sorry to sound like a "windows freak" [those quotes were a edit after the orginal post ;)]

I don't like the fact that you can't test anything for apple. Not to be mr. negitive here, but major apple fans are minority Macintosh users who are too upset that Gates won the “software war” and are too ignorant to spend $800 at Best buy or Microcenter on a PC that is more powerful than any Macintosh that has been built. Its like Presidency...Bill rules the computer world, and there mad about it. Just like how he got sued for a monopoly a.k.a. being too successful.
It is impossible to "win" anything in a consumer market! People will chose what best suits them. For designers it's MAC over PC everytime, they are much better for using movie and photograph editing software on, also they are much more stable and less susceptible to Viruses. Bill Gates didn't invent the computer, and history has told us he didn't even invent Windows DOS versions, he bought them! If people wanted a microsoft free life, and many of them do, they chose open source OS & peripheral software. I trust you have heard of Linux? One of the fasting growing OS in terms of percentage usage today! I personally like some Microsoft products, I don't think anything has a patch on Office '03 and the '07 I beta'd last year was excellent, I will also be buying Vista sometime this year after it has proved itself in the consumer market.

Yes Originality was one of the iPod's biggest assets, it was easy to use and had a nifty scrollwheel. If lack of originality was a death nail in an idea though you shouldn't look further than your beloved microsoft's Zune Player, which seems to have tripped at the first hurdle and needs to recover fast if it is to grab a large market share! I was infact planning on investing in a Zune as my 2nd Gen Nano is starting to get a little battered, but I have decided against it purely on Microsofts failures thus far with it.

I will still maintain, to the contrary of your arguement, however, that the iPhone IS an original concept. No other phone has 8GB of flash memory, most can muster a maximum of 2. No other Phone will sport OSX as their primary OS, something that Microsoft hailed as a huge feat originally with their mobile editions of Windows, this will be apple's chance to show what OSX can do on limited resources.

This is the first media player & PDA to truly rival the blackberry, and with it's increased functionality I believe it is in an excellent position to do so! If you don't believe my objective opinion on this perhaps you should see how stockholders in RIMM (blackberry Developers) & PALM feel about the new iPhone!

FrankSinatra

:) wrong, designers perfer pcs since macs make up less than 1% of the computer marketshare. and I'm not quite sure what you mean by fasting growing OS means. you are right, it is impossible to win, which is why I put my remark about that in quotes, quoted from mac lovers, such as you, which I also desicribed in my post above. Zune does have orginal fetures such as sharing songs and wifi upto a half of a mile....lets see a laptop do that. OS X on a ipod? Come on......I've ran linux on my ipod before without a pain, and running os x on a ipod proves nothing because unless it has 256mb of ram, the version of os x is stripped down big time. 8GB of flash memory is not very hot simply because it is flash, which is very slow to begin with, and any type of flash memory above 4GB starts to seriously lack speed. We're talkin a few megabytes a second here. Can you imagine how long song updates must be?

I am a designer, and not a sit at home playing with Photoshop designer, I am an engineer for a leading MHAA company, and I use a MAC to design on. However when I get home I sit down at my gaming PC, which coincidently absolutely "PWNS" yours, to play and have fun. I am not a windows fan boy, I am not a Mac fan boy, I use software that I like and find most ergonomic and run it on it's most native hardware. For design that is a Mac, for games that is a PC.

I see it is impossible to open your eyes, however many people try and stress simple points to you, your judgment is clouded with your deep and heartfelt desire to share in Bill Gates' golden glow.

Except to point out that 30feet is not 1/2 a mile. I think you are starting to show you have a lack of knowledge about what you claim to be an expert on.

FrankSinatra

open my eyes...........mmm-hmm..........yea........ok, nice comment........not:p

designer? I never said you wernt. of course it pwns my system, intresting that you come up with that. espically in quotes :rolleyes . last I knew it was 1/2 mile. Mac fan boy? most people that do use apples are exactaly that. (for the reason that I discribed several post up) my judgment is not clouded with my "heartfelt desire blabla etc....." if I thought the iphone was a decent product I would not of used a question mark in this threads title. I beleave I have proven my point...and you are doing exactally as what I described above. how about I refresh your memory with it? :)

Post#8 said:
Not to be mr. negitive here, but major apple fans are minority Macintosh users who are too upset that Gates won the “software war” and are too ignorant to spend $800 at Best buy or Microcenter on a PC that is more powerful than any Macintosh that has been built. Its like Presidency...Bill rules the computer world, and there mad about it. Just like how he got sued for a monolpely a.k.a. being too successful.

I'm beginning to think you wouldn't know a good product if it hit you in the head. If being thin and rectangular makes it just like "Chocolate", then I guess your right. But did you even look at the iPhone web site you provided the link for? The multiple touch screen interface is the nuts. If it works as slick as the scroll wheel, it's a winner. The multi-function capability of this product will make it very efficient. Listen to tunes, check your e-mail, check a web site and call your mother? What more could you want, especially if it's easy to use. My daughter has an 8GB iPod Nano (flash memory) and it updates songs faster than my 30GB Creative Zen.
And for the record I'm not an Apple freak. The first Apple product I ever bought was an iPod Shuffle for my wife. I use a PC at work, because that's what's there and a PC at home because there are more games available(which is the best use for a computer). Open your mind, learn the details before you condemn something you don't seem to know much about.
IMHO :>)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online