1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

iPhone OS 4.0 Multi task at last

Discussion in 'Archive: Phones & Handheld Devices' started by oksteve, Apr 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. oksteve

oksteve Thread Starter

2. burntreality

burntreality

Finally Apple gives us with other phones have had for years lol.
    Here is a video just released of the multi-tasking in action :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c9zDv8BivYw&feature=player_embedded

I love my Iphone and this make me pretty happy, in fact I no longer have a reason to jailbreak my phone now (well except for the turning my Phone into a wireless hotspot...). Also happy that my 2 year agreement is up and I can look into the new Iphone when it comes out.

3. oksteve

oksteve Thread Starter

is soooo jealous

4. burntreality

burntreality

I was jealous of all the people who got the 3GS last year. I wasn't about to fork over 500 or 600 bucks for one without a contract though.

5. pianoblack

pianoblack

I have a ipod touch 3g 8gb, which is just a 2g with 3g branding, and I cant upgrade to 4.0 developer preview, :( Cant wait for june 22nd!

6. leighcomputers

leighcomputers

you dont get multitasking in the 3g or 3gs model its for then ext model out in june and the ipad so dont jump up thinking you have a half decent phone as im sorry it still sucks! it cannot still multi task! (however they will give you iads there form of ads on mobiles sucks to be you!)

7. Headrush

Headrush

The iPhone has been doing multitasking since the day it was released. :cool:

Third party apps haven't had access though. What is passed off as multitasking on many phones is just fast app switching but we know everyone gets caught up in hype and marketing.

What will be more important is how well developers use the new multitasking/app switching APIs. If developers just get lazy and/or use the wrong "multitasking" approach, could be worse for the iPhone experience.

8. Headrush

Headrush

The 3gs will get multitasking. (Source: Apple)

Having tested the beta 4.0 on my 3G and enabled multitasking it does work and better than backgrounder on a jailbroken iPhone. I believe it's still a feature best left off for the general 3G population because the low memory does make it very dependent on what apps you are trying to use. Overall I think Joe Public would be complaining more when many apps would be shutting down.

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/915683

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice