1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

iPHone Won't Charge

Discussion in 'Apple Mobile Devices' started by allisonbonde, Nov 28, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. allisonbonde

allisonbonde Thread Starter

I have tried cleaning my charging port with toothpicks and a toothbrush but my charger won't work and neither will my headphones when I put them in. Can anyone help?

2. Drabdr

Drabdr Moderator

First Name:
    Brad
    Hello Allisonbonde!

Unfortunately I’m not sure of a fix. I probably would recommend in the future not using hard objects like a toothpick. That can’t be good for it. A qtip with light isopropyl alcohol should suffice for any needed cleaning if it’s needed at all.

If it was just not charging I might lean towards the cable. But if the headphones aren’t recognized either, that does suggest an issue with the port on the device.

What I would do is drop by an Apple Store and see if they can determine quickly what the issue is. They can also let you what repair costs would be.

Minimally I would check with a friend coworker who has known good cable and headset and make sure the same issue is replicated with them.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1219722

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice