1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

iPhone X Not Turning On

Discussion in 'Apple Mobile Devices' started by ApplezAnnoying, Aug 27, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. ApplezAnnoying

ApplezAnnoying Thread Starter

This is my first post, so sorry if I don't write in the format that y'all are used to.

I put my iPhone X on charge last night on a wireless charging pad. When I woke up this morning, it wouldn't turn on. I tried hard resetting it, and nothing. Plugged it into iTunes on my laptop, and iTunes said it couldn't even recognize the device. I'm desperate at this point, but I'm trying to avoid the Genius Bar since we all know the "fair" prices they offer. Anyway, I was hoping someone smart can find this thread and give me a good answer. Thank you in advance and from the words of the legend himself, God Bless.

and if you're an uncultured swine, the not-so-living legend is Bob Ross.

2. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
    I assume the phone is not under warranty or apple care?

Can you charge the phone with a cord and see if it will show up?

ApplezAnnoying likes this.
  3. ApplezAnnoying

I did try to charge it with a cord, sadly no luck. I'm not sure if i'm under warranty, but i might be, just very unlikely. im looking at apple support as a last resort.

4. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
    OK. I have been watching a bunch of videos regarding apple and I am shocked to say the least. but that is another story.

Anyways, you get check your warranty by going to https://checkcoverage.apple.com and put in your serial number. The serial should be on the back/bottom of your phone unless they changed it on this model or you still have the box. The repair should be free unless they claim otherwise (which may be possible) and then you would want to look at an independent repair.

5. ApplezAnnoying

Thank you! You've been extremely helpful. I think the genius bar is my final option, so I guess that's that. Thank you for your time and effort!

6. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
    No problem. If it's something they try to charge you for it, I have a suggestion for independent repair.

7. ApplezAnnoying

Yeah, apple can't do anything about it. No current is found, so in their mind, it's a lost cause. What's your suggestion for independent repair?

8. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
    Obviously you can check for people in your area, but these people seem to know what they are doing and can possibly point you in the right direction:
    https://www.ipadrehab.com/index.cfm?Page=About

I take it the phone is not under warranty?

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1232135

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice