1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

ipod data erased. i'm depressed. Plz Help

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by titanalive, Oct 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. titanalive

titanalive Thread Starter

I have a 30 GB apple ipod. Today i attached it to my computer and downloaded some music. I kept it on charge attached to the computer. After 1 hour, it made a beeping sound and the system did not recognise the ipod. The battery was fully drained out. Later, i charged it through a power outlet & loaded itunes on another system. On attaching the ipod to this system itunes gave me the following errors:
    "itunes.exe
    The file or directory/ipod_control/itunes/itunes DB is corrupt and unreadable. Please run chk dsk utility (check disk utility)"
    It also said the following error :
    "The file or directory ipod/ipod_control/Artwork/Artwork DB is corrupt and unreadable"
    On ejecting the ipod i discovered to my horror that all my DATA IS ERASED.
    When i copy new music to my ipod it copies but the ipod does not show any songs

What has gone wrong & help would be greatly appreciated.

Please help

2. titanalive

Awww come on guys i am a little desperate here please help inj any way possible

3. titanalive

Ok dont bother anymore as i downloaded the latest software and restored it to factory settings. The itunes that i had was corrupt so thus the error

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/635090

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice