1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

iPod iTouch Problem

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by bkzballa, Sep 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. bkzballa

bkzballa Thread Starter

I'm trying to access the files on an iTouch but it doesn't even show up in my computer only on iTunes. Is there a different file system in the iTouch which doesn't allow me to access them? If so how do I access them? Any help appreciated as always.

2. bkzballa

bkzballa Thread Starter

3. BG-0

BG-0

Does it show in device manager? Or... Umm.. Searching... Found the word! :D Disk management. Does it show in disk management?
    I'm not really sure where I'm trying to take this. If it has another file system, it should be reformatted.. But if it doesn't show anywhere... :confused:

4. bkzballa

bkzballa Thread Starter

Do you mean device manager? I'm using Vista.

5. bkzballa

bkzballa Thread Starter

It shows up in device manager. But I can't do nothing there. I can't reformat since my objective is to save some files which are in the iTouch and maybe be able to access the file system if I want to maybe use it as a HDD. Also I have a brand new iTouch with no files and it also only shows up on iTunes but not in My Computer. It's weird. The PC knows it's connected but you can't see it under my computer or access the files. Only iTunes can see the music files.

6. BG-0

BG-0

7. bkzballa

bkzballa Thread Starter

Nope it doesn't. I have also read that unlike previous iPods, the iTouch doesn't have the ability to act as a Hard Disk. Anyone know how to access the files another way?

8. BG-0

BG-0

Synchronizing/something like that in iTunes should do the job, I guess. Right? :eek:

9. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

In order to use part of an iPod for file storage, you have to use iTunes to allocate a portion of the device for this purpose. You can't use My Computer to manage music files on an iPod. You have to use iTunes.

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/753348

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice