iPod iTouch Problem

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

bkzballa

I'm trying to access the files on an iTouch but it doesn't even show up in my computer only on iTunes. Is there a different file system in the iTouch which doesn't allow me to access them? If so how do I access them? Any help appreciated as always.

Does it show in device manager? Or... Umm.. Searching... Found the word! :D Disk management. Does it show in disk management?
I'm not really sure where I'm trying to take this. If it has another file system, it should be reformatted.. But if it doesn't show anywhere... :confused:

bkzballa

It shows up in device manager. But I can't do nothing there. I can't reformat since my objective is to save some files which are in the iTouch and maybe be able to access the file system if I want to maybe use it as a HDD. Also I have a brand new iTouch with no files and it also only shows up on iTunes but not in My Computer. It's weird. The PC knows it's connected but you can't see it under my computer or access the files. Only iTunes can see the music files.

bkzballa

Nope it doesn't. I have also read that unlike previous iPods, the iTouch doesn't have the ability to act as a Hard Disk. Anyone know how to access the files another way?

Synchronizing/something like that in iTunes should do the job, I guess. Right? :eek:

DoubleHelix

Banned
In order to use part of an iPod for file storage, you have to use iTunes to allocate a portion of the device for this purpose. You can't use My Computer to manage music files on an iPod. You have to use iTunes.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online