Ipod Itunes quicktime

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

[email protected]

I use MS Windows XP Home and have just purchased an Ipod (Video).

When I load the installation disc supplied with the Ipod it comes back with Quicktime error –3 but completes installation.

When I try to open Itunes 6, it states I have Quicktime 6.5.2 currently installed and need to upgrade to Quicktime 7.

I cannot use iTunes 6 because I cannot successfully upgrade Quicktime, my Control Panel-Add/Delete Programs do not list Quicktime, so I cannot manually uninstall. When I try to install the Quicktime standalone, I get the Error 1402 listed below.

Error 1402.Could not open key:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE_SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Quicktime. Verify that you have sufficient access to that key, or contact your support personnel.

Quicktime 6.5.2 appears in my control panel, impossible to move!??
*....followed by:

Error: -1603 Fatal error during installation.
Consult Windows Installer Help (Msi.chm) or MSDN for more information.

Don't feel alone. I have been working on the same problem since Christmas Day. Still no luck. Exact same error codes. :

cwwozniak

Chuck
Not sure if it will help in this case, but suggested fixes for the "1603" error are listed on the Installshield web site:

http://consumer.installshield.com/kb.asp?id=Q111019

FWIW, Our daughter got a 30 GB iPod Video for Christmas. Never touched the CD that came with it. Using Winamp with the ml_ipod plugin to fill up her iPod with music from CDs.

--
CW

yes, you must either reinstall installshield, reformat or choose a different program to run your ipod from.

There are many out there, I work for iPod and get this error all day, just try to update your installshield if you could

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online