Ipod Nano on vista(HELP)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

thankyou

Hello

Im having trouble installing my ipod on windows vista.
It asks me to install the drivers.
I have told the system to look in c:/windows/system32 its finds something but it give me an error, so i cant install it...can anyone help.

thanks

thankyou said:
Hello

Im having trouble installing my ipod on windows vista.
It asks me to install the drivers.
I have told the system to look in c:/windows/system32 its finds something but it give me an error, so i cant install it...can anyone help.

thanks
Did you install any driver before? Why looking in system32?
If you did not install anything download Vista compatible drivers from apple's site...I hope that
will do the job

thankyou

Mosquito555 said:
Did you install any driver before? Why looking in system32?
If you did not install anything download Vista compatible drivers from apple's site...I hope that
will do the job

As far as I know... Ipods dont have any drivers to install...
its just like a usb stick....someone told me the drivers for usb drives are on system 32...
i couldnt find anything on apples site...
so i was hopeing someone had the same problem as me so they could help

thankss

Well yes and no...My transcend MP3 player comes with a driver/utility cdrom. It works fine without the driver being installed as XP finds it with no problems. In most cases of usb drives those generic drivers are in system32. But the whole proccess is automatic, you just plug usb sticks and they are ok. Does your Ipod work in other usb slots or on other computers?

I'm having the same problem.. my iPod mini says it can't find the drivers.. yet it used to work about a month ago. I've even tried calling tech support, and what they told me to do didn't work. Does anyone know where I can download the drivers?

Apple recommend you use XP, as Vista support for iTunes isn't final yet. Because vista is too furturist.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online