1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

IPod Questions

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by Tallokas, Nov 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Tallokas

Tallokas Thread Starter

I am thinking of buying my 2 grandsons (8 and 10) an IPod Touch (4th Gen 8 gb) and need some advice. Will the 8 gb be big enough for their needs? Can the 8gb be expanded? Should I go with new or refurbished? Where would be the best place to purchase these? Any other advice you may have would be greatly appreciated!!

2. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

I wouldn't spend the money on a model larger than 8GB. They'll probably drop them a few times. No, the storage can't be expanded. If you can find a good deal on a refurbished model from an authorized reseller (not eBay), that would probably be the better option.

3. Tallokas

Tallokas Thread Starter

Thanks for the help. A friend got one from Ebay and it turned out to be a nightmare. I also think the 8 gig will be enough for their needs. Thanks again.

4. Oddba11

Oddba11 It's My Birthday!

First Name:
    Jim
    Apple sells refurbs for many of their models and they carry a full warranty. Selection varies.

5. Tallokas

Tallokas Thread Starter

I hadn't even thought of that - thanks! The price seems to be dropping a bit but hopefully after Thanksgiving I'll get a real deal.

6. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

Apple only has a 64GB refurbished model right now. Prices will not be dropping. Apple products don't go on sale. You might get a 3% discount the day after Thanksgiving at Apple or other authorized reseller. That's it.

7. Tallokas

Tallokas Thread Starter

Maybe Newegg or Tiger Direct will offer some refurbished deals for the holidays. I always listen to Clark Howard and he says refurbs are as good or better than new..................so he says.:p

Thanks for the help.

8. Hughv

Hughv

9. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

The Sansa is a music player. The iPod Touch is a smartphone without the phone. They're completely different products.

10. Hughv

Hughv

Oops. So many products.........

11. Tallokas

Tallokas Thread Starter

I just heard something I can't believe. There is a Tiger Direct distribution center not far from me so I went to take a look at the ipod. The salesperson told me that TD does not carry Apple products. Is this for real?

12. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

That's certainly possible. A store has to be authorized by Apple to sell their products.

13. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!