1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Ipod Software not installing correctly

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by dranip66, Oct 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dranip66

dranip66 Thread Starter

I just bought a Nano 8GB, installed the software used it for a week with no issues, then this week I get an error message "The software required for communicating with the iPod is not installed correctly. Please reinstall software" Then a widow for the drive the Ipod is in opens with a list of empty folders: Calendars,Contacts,Notes. Recordings, and a file named metadata_never_index, they all have a date modified 10-18-2063. I contacted Apple , did the uninstall,with windows uninstall cleanup, a few times, still no luck! Apple tech reccomended bringing the iPod to an apple store to run on a windows system and it worked fine, so that ruled out the unit malfunctioning. I am running Windows XP Home Edition. I also read a thread in here that someone had a similar problem and unistalled the USB controllers and rebooted, still no luck. When I do the uninstall with the widows cleanup, I remove all five componenets, iTunes,Quicktime,Bojour,Apple mobile, andApple update.
    Hope someone can help?

Thanks
    Dranip66

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!