1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Ipod Syncing troubles

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by misoxmikado, Jul 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. misoxmikado

misoxmikado Thread Starter

Here's the story: my mom put her itunes library on her laptop. Her company made her upgrade to a better laptop, thus putting the 46 on her itunes library. Now, she wants me to sync up my itunes library with her ipod so she can add music. (I don't have an ipod, and dl-ed the software for kicks. However, I do have music in my library, though I use winamp more often). Now, when I try to sync her ipod with my library, it tells me to either erase the data on the ipod and import my library onto it (not an option), or import all the songs (that were purchased from itunes, of course) from her ipod into my library (presumably to import my library, purchased songs included, back onto the ipod). However, when I try to import from the ipod, itunes tells me that it is unable to transfer the songs, as my comp isn't authorized. When I authorized it, it gave me the same "authorize your computer" message. All of the music currently stored on my computer is also laying around my house in CD form, so I have no qualms about erasing my library. Can somebody help me?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/591725

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice