1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

iPod Touch and iTunes 9.1 sync problem

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by wobbox, Apr 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. wobbox

wobbox Thread Starter

I have the identical problem with my iphone when I updated to itunes9.1, I am new to this site, how do I read the solution you offered the person who posted this question (xxorianna)

2. wobbox

wobbox Thread Starter

I have an iphone, The problem described is identical to the one I am having.

3. wobbox

wobbox Thread Starter

Sorry I didn't answer all of the question. Yes I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the update a number of times

4. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    I split your posts off from this thread so that you can be helped better. Even though you have the symptoms the actual cause of the problem may be different, and it gets too confusing to try to help multiple people in one thread. Thanks for understanding, and wecome to Tech Guy. :)

Please summarize your problem here for the benefit of readers.

5. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

What update? The suggestion was to remove and reinstall iTunes. The whole program.

6. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    All our help is through the public forum here, so just keep following the thread. Below the last post in a thread you can click on "Subscribe." If you have the default option to get email notification of new posts to subscribed threads you will get them (except on days they don't work). You can also click on Thread Tools at the top, choose Subscriptions, and see a list of all your subscribed threads and which ones have new posts.

I just posted to that other thread, and it may apply to you ...

In iTunes: Edit - Preferences... - Devices tab - is "Prevent iPods, iPhones and iPads from synching automatically" checked? If it is, uncheck it.

7. wobbox

wobbox Thread Starter

I looked at itunes edit and the box relating to automatic syncing of ipods, iphones etc was not checked.

8. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    I understand new people "hijacking" other threads; that's how some forums want problems handled. But now I've had to move another of your posts, and my patience for continuing to do so is pretty low. Post in that other thread to help that person; post here for anything relevant to your problem.

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/916724

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice