1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

IPod touch causes XP to crash

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by ketnet, Sep 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ketnet

ketnet Thread Starter

My son recently got an Ipod touch . Whenever I connect it up to my desktop running on XP , it crashes. Any ideas ?

2. DotHQ

DotHQ

Have you ever successfully connected to your XP box?
    When I connect my iphone it automatically launches iTunes. You might download the latest version of iTunes and try running it without connecting the itouch and see what happens.
    Assuming you are connecting via usb connection. Do you use your usb plug ins for anything else?

3. HollywoodTM

HollywoodTM

here is some tips

Tip#1

Tip#2 -
    Download and install the latest iTunes from Apple

iTunes 8 included a USB driver that was unstable and caused a crash every time an iPod was connected. Apple fixed this a few days later with a newer version of iTunes.

Tip#3 -

Uncheck the choice in iTunes that start iTunes when you plug in your iPod. Have been known to crash windows due to bad background services in windows.

One way to test this if you don't find the option is to open iTunes BEFORE plugging in the iPod. If it works then you are set as you can start the program yourself just as easy.

If it crashes then do a complete uninstall of iTunes then reinstall the latest iTunes.

Retest with iPod.

if i get anymore news ill post check it out

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/752231

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice