1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Ipod touch doesn't wanna connect to wifi!!

Discussion in 'Archive: Phones & Handheld Devices' started by gatewaypc700, Dec 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gatewaypc700

gatewaypc700 Thread Starter

So my ipod touch does not want to connect to any wifi network that requires a logon page, as in an html web page where you are required to enter details to access a wifi hotspot.

I have one of these at work which I can access for free and it was working fine up until a week ago. Now it wont connect to any internet that requires an html logon page, not just the one at my work.

I should say that it does actually connect to the network it just wont log on to the login page, therefore the ipod assumes that it does not connect to the internet.

It still connects to my home network just fine.

Any ideas?
    Cheers
    James

2. dj-jamster

dj-jamster

Nope, because you need to be connected to a network in order to open the page in order to login?

Try connecting to the network, going to the page in Safari manually and login?

3. gatewaypc700

gatewaypc700 Thread Starter

Ive tried that it says its connected to the internet it just doesn't load any pages..... :(

Oh well, I have an iphone now so i'll just use 3g data ;)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/971559

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice