1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

iPod won't sync properly, constantly needs "scanning"

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by CKIM27, Jul 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. CKIM27

CKIM27 Thread Starter

Hi,

My iPod (5th generation video) won't properly sync. Whenever I plug it in, I always get the "needs scanning and fixing" pop-up, which I've run. In addition, it won't sync several songs because of an "unknown error." I've tried restoring the iPod and installing and uninstalling iTunes, but continue to get the same problem.

Help!

2. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

It's an iPod classic? if so, it uses a spinning hard drive which has probably failed.

3. CKIM27

CKIM27 Thread Starter

Yes. But, it sorta syncs. It'll sink the majority fo the songs and podcasts, but will fail if you sync it again.

4. SectorSecurity

SectorSecurity

Set ITunes to manually manager music that way it only syncs when you tell it to?

5. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

Then it sounds like the drive is sorta failing.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1060294