1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Iprop.dll error

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by jimastod, Jan 26, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. jimastod

jimastod Thread Starter

iprop.dll error keeps popping up on my screen and I cannot get into my computer, the box pops up and then my screen freezes. It takes forever for internet exployer to pop up when I turn it on and I cannot get outlook express email right now. Has anyone had any trouble like this, I have windows ME.

Thanks Mary

2. Davey7549

Davey7549

Hello Mary
    Welcome to TSG!
    Is there any detail along with this iprop.dll error. If there is a tab for details click on it and copy the whole message which may give a clue to what is causing it.
    Dave

3. jimastod

jimastod Thread Starter

Hi Davey,

what the box says when it pops up, when you turn the computer on is:
    Stimon has caused an error IPROP.DLL. Stimon will now close, then when you click on my computer, a box pops up and says, exployer has caused an error IPROP.DLL exployer will now close. and exployer is not even on.

Thanks Mary

4. esdxc37

esdxc37

iprop.dll is part of the internet explorer setup
    I think you need to uninstall ie and reinstall and see if that works
    it is in the Win98_31.cab File for win 98 it if you know how to extract files individually
    its part of a file called dcom.exe and this is what dcom does

DCOM98 1.3 extends the support for Distributed Component Object Model (DCOM) for Microsoft Windows 98. The DCOM wire protocol transparently provides support for reliable, secure, and efficient communication between COM components such as ActiveX® controls, scripts, and Java applets residing on different machines in a LAN, a WAN, or on the Internet. With DCOM, your application can be distributed across locations that make the most sense to you and to the application.

lifted from here http://www.microsoft.com/com/tech/dcom.asp

and click here if you want to know what stilmon does http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;q257815

5. Davey7549

Davey7549

Mary
    esdxc37 is correct that Dcom plays a roll in the communication between hardware. In this case your scanner. There are two things you could try before you uninstall and reinstall Internet Explorer which may solve your problem.

Step 1- If you have Internet explorer 5.0 or above go to start\settings\control panel\add-remove programs and scroll down to the line that reads Microsoft Internet Explorer 5.x or whatever version you have and click on it to highlight. Once Highlighted click clcik remove. There will be a popup window that appears and there select the repair feature and enter OK.
    Internet Explorer Will try and repair itself. After repair is complete restart system and see if problem is solved.
    Note: The repair will change your home page to msnrunonce so you will have to change it back.

If problem not solved the proceed to step 2

Step 2- Uninstall and reinstall your scanner since Stimon.exe or some of its associated drivers may be causing this error. Follow the instructions for uninstall of your scanner and reinstall.

After reinstallation of scanner restart and see if problem is solved.

If problem is still there then follow esdxc37 advice to uninstall and reinistall Internet Explorer. That will be done in the same place you did the repair. The reinstall will be done by going to Microsoft for a new download. Here are sites to go to.
    IE 5.01 SP2 Download
    http://www.microsoft.com/windows/ie/downloads/recommended/ie501sp2/default.asp
    Or for 5.5 go here
    http://www.microsoft.com/windows/ie/downloads/recommended/ie501sp2/default.asp

Keep us posted on your progress.
    Dave

6. jimastod

jimastod Thread Starter

tried all of this, I am still having problems, I think I need to start from the beginning, I have a recovery disk, but don't know how to use it. Any suggestions?

Thanks Mary

7. Davey7549

Davey7549

Mary
    Most recovery disks will wipe out all information during recovery so it is important to backup your critical files before doing so.
    If the recovery disk by chance gives you the option of reinstall Windows and other option of reformat and Install the obvious choice is to reinstall windows over itself.

Others may have ideas on what to do about this so wait a bit before acting. Also let us know what make of computer do you have? That might help to.
    Dave

8. jimastod

jimastod Thread Starter

Hi again,

I have a systemax, we purchased it from tiger direct. The recovery disk does not give me the option to re-install windows that is why I do not know what to do. this thing is driving me crazy.

Mary

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/66573

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice