IPTables

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

j4c

Hi,

Is it possible to compare incoming packets against a text document, if the text document and the packets match (specifically TCP/IP packet) then the packet will be allowed through otherwise the packet will be dropped and a log file would be made?

My current test environment consists of the following:

Ubuntu 12.04 with netkit machines, manipulating tcp / ip packets (creating a covert channel) using scapy, , I will be using tcp dump to capture the packets and later view then on wireshark.

I have been looking into the mangle table and the u32 module but unsure if packet authentication can be possible using iptables? using this setup.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks
Jack

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online