IPv6 Connectivity - Connected to Wi-Fi Ipv4

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

BeauBrummel

Dear All:

I'm experiencing an IPv6 Connectivity problem on my Lenovo X1 running Windows 7 Professional.

Kindly note that the the laptop indicates 1. No IPv4 Connectivity issues and 2. That I am connected to my WiFi.

I have tried over a dozen solutions on the Internet (via my PDA) but regrettably none worked.

Given my current access via said device I cannot run the aforementioned Sysinfo exe. (or for the matter of that download an automatic or manual drivers exe from any online solutions company.

I look forward to hearing from anyone with novel solution.

Many thanks in advance for your time and consideration.

Cheers,

BB

TerryNet

Terry
I think that you will have to be very detailed about your IPv6 problem. Don't recall anyone else actually trying to use it in Windows 7.

And, just curious, why are you not satisfied with IPv4, since you are connected to a wireless network with no issues?

BeauBrummel

I think that you will have to be very detailed about your IPv6 problem. Don't recall anyone else actually trying to use it in Windows 7.

And, just curious, why are you not satisfied with IPv4, since you are connected to a wireless network with no issues?

Hi Terry:

Many thanks for your reply and advice.

What is the best manner of being very detailed given that my only access is my cell phone? Can I attach photos?

Perhaps I have been unclear - I never tried or wanted to use IPv6. Until recently I was blissfully unaware of it's existence or raison d'être given Ipv4's satiation.

Simply put, the poka yoke that popped up indicating my status included an IPv4 that initially is not connected (and eventually connects on its own) and an IPv6 which no matter what I try remains disconnected, and also, irrespective of either scenarios and crucially the laptop remains disconnected, whilst frustratingly indicating the contrary.

Kindly note that is, that concurrently, my network and connections window indicates connected to my WiFi the moment I restart/turn on the device and the data counter received and sent is active and growing every time.

Fearing a concomitant hidden hardware issue, I tried connecting straight via ethernet cable to my WiFi router (via a USB port connector, as the design of the X1 doesn't offer an ethernet port) and it kept redialing (the right of the two leds, was yellow and blinking intermittently and haphazardly on said connector - never both or green) but time and again indicating a 651 (if I recall accurately) connection error. Not certain to be honest if this satisfied my conjecture that my hardware is faulty as well or not, given the unchanging connected to the WiFi indication.

Is it a driver update, a past erroneous windows update, an issue with Bitdefender blocking me overzealously (as I think you had mentioned in past advice), hardware (a pal mentioned some internal fragile plastic widget/antenna that is notoriously breaking off in Lenovos) or something else, or a confounded combination thereof?

Please advise.

With thanks,

BB

TerryNet

Terry
Let's forget about the IPv6, at least for now.

I think that you are saying that your wireless claims to be connected, but you are not able to get internet access. Correct?

Are you able to communicate with the router (ping it or login to it)?

And, similarly, using a USB ethernet adapter you also do not get a successful connection. Correct?

Since you are communicating here via phone I won't ask for my usual ipconfig /all, but instead just open a Command Prompt and type the command ipconfig.

Do this while attempting both wireless and ethernet connections. Tell us what you get for each of those connections for
IPv4 Address
Subnet Mask
Default Gateway (this may be missing if the IP is 169.254.x.y)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online