Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ipv6 No Internet connectivity

972 views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  TerryNet 
#1 ·
Hi,

I want to be as specific as possible in the hopes that I will get a good solution to this problem. I do not want to have to restore my operating system. Okay I have a custom built Computer I have had it since 2010. Had it Built at Microcenter in Massachusetts. I like maybe 2 or 3 years back had some hardware replaced I have an intel core 17 3770 3.40 ghz 3rd generation. I have a gigabyte motherboard ga z77x UD5H 1155 i have 32 gigs of memory (ddr3 Dual channel I have 2 ethernet controllers both bridgedThrough windows not the Netgear wdr4500 v3 1 is
Intel(R) 82579V Gigabit Network Connection and the other is
Qualcomm Atheros AR8151 PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller (NDIS 6.30) I also have a program called smac which spoofs your mac address. So my mac address is hidden. In addition to these things I also have vpn software called hide my ass. so my Ip address is also hidden. So when I go into my network and sharing of Windows 10 (Home) Latest version 1511 latest build 10586318. and I check on my gigabyte speed ethernet controllers I click on the Microsoft Multiplexor Adapter. Because that's the adapter that gets created when you higlight both adapters and you right click and hit bridge connections. so when I click on this adapter it says Ipv4 is Internet connectivity and Ipv6 is no internet connectivity. Now I may not need Ipv6 because my internet works with ipv4. but I know that some websites are now using ipv6 and that will soon become the standard and it seems that Ipv6 is a little bit faster than Ipv4. Now my router is a Netgear (WDR 4500 v3 I have no saoftware firewall just use the router as a hardware firewall and that is it I have no Network or business. This is just a single computer Wired connection all the way no wireless. Or anything Like that. I have it turned off in the router. So I cannot get the ipv6 connectivity to work. So I'm hoping that you can help me..

Thanks Steve
Rectangle Font Parallel Operating system Software

See less See more
#3 ·
Hi,

I want to be as specific as possible in the hopes that I will get a good solution to this problem. I do not want to have to restore my operating system. Okay I have a custom built Computer I have had it since 2010. Had it Built at Microcenter in Massachusetts. I like maybe 2 or 3 years back had some hardware replaced I have an intel core 17 3770 3.40 ghz 3rd generation. I have a gigabyte motherboard ga z77x UD5H 1155 i have 32 gigs of memory (ddr3 Dual channel I have 2 ethernet controllers both bridgedThrough windows not the Netgear wdr4500 v3 1 is
Intel(R) 82579V Gigabit Network Connection and the other is
Qualcomm Atheros AR8151 PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller (NDIS 6.30) I also have a program called smac which spoofs your mac address. So my mac address is hidden. In addition to these things I also have vpn software called hide my ***. so my Ip address is also hidden. So when I go into my network and sharing of Windows 10 (Home) Latest version 1511 latest build 10586318. and I check on my gigabyte speed ethernet controllers I click on the Microsoft Multiplexor Adapter. Because that's the adapter that gets created when you higlight both adapters and you right click and hit bridge connections. so when I click on this adapter it says Ipv4 is Internet connectivity and Ipv6 is no internet connectivity. Now I may not need Ipv6 because my internet works with ipv4. but I know that some websites are now using ipv6 and that will soon become the standard and it seems that Ipv6 is a little bit faster than Ipv4. Now my router is a Netgear (WDR 4500 v3 I have no saoftware firewall just use the router as a hardware firewall and that is it I have no Network or business. This is just a single computer Wired connection all the way no wireless. Or anything Like that. I have it turned off in the router. So I cannot get the ipv6 connectivity to work. So I'm hoping that you can help me..

Thanks Steve View attachment 249261
Oh yes it does. It was working but when I restart the computer I would go into my network and sharing and it would say Ipv6 no internet connectivity so I would Uncheck the ipv6 protocol and then exit out and then go back in and turn it on again by adding the chechmark again and it would say restart it to being working again but now that's not working anymore. So yes my Isp who is Comcast does support it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.