IQ important?

ekim68

Mike
A friend recently asked me if I knew what my IQ was. I said no, and why
did you ask that? He said, 'just curious since someone asked me'. So,
my first reaction was:

Wow, what if I had a high IQ? Just think of what I could do!!

And my second reaction was, 'good thing I don't know, so I won't
disappoint anyone'....

Important for what? What could the knowledge of having a high IQ afford you?

Rockn said:
Important for what? What could the knowledge of having a high IQ afford you?
Bragging rights, maybe? Some people spend their whole life comparing how they measure up to others. If they find out they have a high IQ, they might use it to inflate their own lagging ego.

Just a theory.

Yea, that's what I was thinking. Kinda like the people that think they are extremely bright because they sit around reading text books all day. They cannot apply anything they have ever read into a real life situation. Mind boggling!!

angelize56

Always remembered in our hearts
Rockn said:
Kinda like the people that think they are extremely bright because they sit around reading text books all day. They cannot apply anything they have ever read into a real life situation.
I beg to differ....from an early age I read medical books for hours at a time right on up to my graduation from nursing school ....even now I love to read medical textbooks....yes Rockn....I do more than peruse TSG....keeps my knowledge level up and certainly helps when I do my CEU's every two years to renew my license. There is an amost daily influx of new medical information out there...and I like to keep myself up-to-date and well informed....and extremely bright....so if that boggles your mind....oh well...keeps my mind sharp and knowledgable! :)

I used to hang with a old party pal that had one of the highest IQ's you can get. He showed me his IQ card and I was impressed.

He had glaucoma and was legally blind.

Nice guy and Smart !! He had ALL the answers ..

Only problem was he had absolutely NO common sense at all.

Very nice fella though and we had fun just kickin back and umm.. partaking .. listenin to tunes and debating.

I heard once that some achieve higher scores because their brains are "wired" in such a way as to have an aptitude for those type of questions -- kind of like being good at puzzles. Thus it's not necessarily an "intelligence indicator". I think. ;)

Guyzer

Guy
XL Guru said:
Hey Angel. If you got them on tape, you could listen and dust at the same time. ;)
I love that comment. It made me laugh so hard my wife came into the room to see what was going on. When I get the nerve ;) to suggest that to her I will, then run like the dickens. :eek: She's a reader so I'm sure she'll understand and hopefully take to dusting again. :D

Yeah ... oops. :eek:

Angel knows, but I should probably point out I wasn't being sexist.

L8rs Angel -- have a good one ;)

Angel, there are people that can read, test very well and cannot apply a thing they have learned to real life situations. Those are the kind of brain wirings or mis-wirings I am referring to. You all know who you are!!

You know, this thread has taken on a definite sickly green tinge.

Good Lawd!! Look out...there's the green eyed monster!!! And there's more than one !! Eeeek!! :eek:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online