1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

IRC block

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by Deathscythe_Hell, Aug 23, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deathscythe_Hell

Deathscythe_Hell Thread Starter

I'm not sure if this post breaks any rules, so if it does a moderator can lock/delete it.

In the middle of last year my university decided to block IRC. Unfortunatly I'm not sure HOW they are blocking it. I can, after a while, connect to some EFnet servers and a handful of other servers in the huge list of IRC servers my MIRC came with, which seems to indicate that it isn't perfect. According to a few web sites i've found there is supposed to be ways to work around a irc block, but they don't actually say how. Last year I was able to get on by connecting through my friend's VPN, but he is having troubles with that this year so that option is no longer viable.

Anyone have any ideas?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/158835

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice