1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Irfanview Plugins

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by bozz, Oct 16, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bozz

bozz Thread Starter

I've been searching for Filter Factory plugins. I managed to find a couple that Irfanview would add. Irvanview doesn't recognize some plugins that are *.8BF type.

Does anyone have any links to free(of course) plugins that can used with Irfanview.

2. raybro

raybro

I'm not certain just what plugins you are looking for, but here is a link to the Irfanview site. Click on "Plugins"

http://www.irfanview.com/

I saw this at the top of the page

8BF_Filters - (version 3.85): allows IrfanView to load Adobe Photoshop 8BF filters
    Note: some older/special 8BFs may require additional system DLLs:
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Msvcrt10.dll
    Plugin.dll
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    You can download these DLLs here:
    http://irfanview.tuwien.ac.at/plugins/8bf_tools.zip
    (check "Readme.txt" for instructions and install!)

A little further down I saw this:

FILTERS_UNLIMITED - (version 3.20): allows IrfanView to use Filters Unlimited files (Photoshop PlugIns and filters)

I would guess this is a page you have already visted, but who knows...

3. bozz

bozz Thread Starter

I'll get the "other" dll's. It makes since now after trying to get plugins to work. I had actually skipped over that, not realizing at the time I installed Irfanview that I would would want to add more plugins. I guess I thought that the all_plugins.exe would have more in it and just went out to a search for more plugins. This should help.

Thanks.... :)

Any other suggestions would also be appreciated.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!