1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

IRQ listing

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by danielno8, Jan 25, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. danielno8

danielno8 Thread Starter

Can someone let me know if this IRQ listing is OK.I tried to install a soundcard and had a few problems.It was given an IRQ of 11.i dont really understand IRQ so couldnt change it or anything. It worked a couple of times, but i also kept gettin the BSOD.saying something along the lines of "IRQ_NOT_EQUAL_OR_LESS".something like that.With lots of other shite.
    It is Win2k.I have on board sound...that is the C-media bit.I disabled this before i installed the card.The modem is PCI so was the sound card,

Any info on this would be appreciated!!!

Thanks

Daniel

Attached Files:

2. ~Candy~

~Candy~ Retired Administrator

It appears that you didn't disable the Cmedia onboard, as it still shows up in the IRQ listing. Can you go to device manager and place a check mark in the box to disable in this hardware profile for that item?

3. danielno8

danielno8 Thread Starter

sorry.this is the listing now....with the soundcard uninstalled.But when i do install it, it just replaces the c-media line...it has an IRQ of 11.I'm wondering if this is causing the problems.Because of the modem and soundcard both being CI and both avin an IRQ of 11.

Thanks for the reply

Daniel

4. JSanguancheu

JSanguancheu

Try putting the sound card in a different slot so it uses another IRQ.

I had IRQ conflicts too when I first put my sound card in. The modem just didn't like sharing. :D

5. danielno8

danielno8 Thread Starter

Hey, thanks for the reply, but when i put it in thew other slot it gave it an IRQ of 11 again.so the same problem!!Any more ideas??

Thanks

Daniel

6. ~Candy~

~Candy~ Retired Administrator

You forgot to post the new listing.........

7. danielno8

danielno8 Thread Starter

no, what i meant was, the listing i posted....that was after i had put the card in and took it back out.I tried again today putting the soundcard in another slot and it gace the IRQ of 11 again.

Thanks for the reply again

any more ideas please let me know

Daniel

8. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

I'd see if you could find updated drivers for the soundcard and modem. The "IRQ_NOT_EQUAL_OR_LESS" error is almost always a driver issue, but sometimes very hard to pin down what driver is causing the problem.

You might also uninstall and remove the modem as a test to see if the sound card will run without the modem. Then add the modem back in, sometimes the order of install will affect the operation.

9. mtbird

mtbird

Just an FYI....
    I think you are going to find the IRQ problem is a bit more involved if your Win2K is setup using the ACPI HAL instead of the standard HAL. The newer motherboards will have this set as a default in the bios.
    Here are some links to give you an idea of what you are dealing with.....

http://www.tek-tips.com/gfaqs.cfm/lev2/67/lev3/70/pid/616/fid/971

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;q252420

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q237556

Debe

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/115259

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice