1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Irq Probs

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by wi1ma, Feb 9, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wi1ma

wi1ma Thread Starter

I am running win xp and I have 8 devices sharing IRQ 10. I have tried changing them manually in the bios also moved the cards but it is still crashing my pc and then when it restarts it resets the devices all back to IRQ 10. PLEASE HELP!

2. mtbird

mtbird

Unfortunately, this is by design in your system if you have ACPI enabled in the bios. Here is some info ...........

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q314068

The only way to be able to manually set IRQ's would be to reinstall XP using the standard HAL configuration.
    XP is very good with IRQ sharing, if everything is PCI compliant. If you feel your problem is IRQ related, it is more likely a driver issue or a piece of hardware that is not fully compliant. Be sure to have the latest update in drivers and the latest windows updates installed.

Debe

3. sliderpa

sliderpa

What type of system is it, and what is the system board? I have this problem before, but with both an FIC and Asus board. I was able to correct it after hitting the pause button right after the post to see where the hardware was identifing where the parts are.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/117856

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice