1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Irql not less or equal to

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by mshabsovich, Jan 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. mshabsovich

mshabsovich Thread Starter

when using windows 7 64 bit on a dell studio 1558 core i5 laptop i occasianlly get a blue screen with that error message. upon restart i get a windows recovered from a crash message and details the following:

Problem signature:
    Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
    OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.768.3
    Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem:
    BCCode: a
    BCP1: FFFFFFFFFFFFFFD0
    BCP2: 0000000000000002
    BCP3: 0000000000000001
    BCP4: FFFFF80002C896E0
    OS Version: 6_1_7600
    Service Pack: 0_0
    Product: 768_1

Files that help describe the problem:
    C:\Windows\Minidump\011811-37393-01.dmp
    C:\Users\***\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-106985-0.sysdata.xml

Read our privacy statement online:
    http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
    C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

I cant seem to figure out what is causing this and how to stop it. please help. Thanks

2. rickmamo

rickmamo

I've had this prob with other versions of windows especially on newer high end systems which ended up needing a BIOS update to correct the situation however sometimes it was due to a bad memory stick..not necessarily bad but some portion that windows is trying use durring install but might normally not be accessed is hit and windows installer chokes (windows the OS has no prob with it in the end).

Try taking out all the mem chips and replacing one by one..verifying they count up on screen durring boot and display properly in bios...flash bios to latest version,...then pick just one to insert durring the install...if same..try diff single stick...also disconnect any unecessary devices like printers or add in cards, etc to reduce the possibility of some freak memory address or IRQ conflict for good measure

3. mshabsovich

mshabsovich Thread Starter

i heard that it may happen as a result of 32 bit drivers running on a 64 bit system. is that a possibility? and if its true how would i go about id'ing that driver without having to uninstall every driver and install one by one each time waiting for a blue screen. thanks

4. rickmamo

rickmamo

if you can get to device manager you could r-click properties to see what version driver you have for any device in question. Running a game from an external HD and having the same prob only indicates the issue is with the system or it's configuration not eliminate any problem really. It just verify's it still exists

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!